Digital Dentistry at Union
Over the past 20 years, the world’s technology has evolved dramatically.
Why hasn’t your dental care?
What is digital dentistry?
Digital dentistry is the conjunction of clinical computer technology, advanced machinery, and the artistic element that can only come from the hands of a skilled professional. A new era of oral healthcare is upon us and is long overdue.
The concept of taking physical impressions to make stone models from which prosthetic dental appliances could be constructed dates back to the early 18th century. Fast forward a bit. Enter advanced robotics, laser technology, 3D computerized radiography, digital scanning, 3D printing, computer-aided design, and computer-aided milling. Dentistry is finally up to speed.
How does digital technology help you?
It is precise, it is efficient, and it is consistent. Unfortunately, uncomfortable and inaccurate impressions, ill-fitting crowns, multiple long appointments, and poor aesthetics are still commonplace in many dental practices worldwide. Integrating world-class digital technology into our facility enables us to reduce errors, increase quality, and prioritize your safety and comfort.
Here is how we do it.
- Contactless forms sent to your smartphone or computer
- Digital 2D and 3D radiographs
- Digital impression scans
- Face to face personal consultation and data review with Dr. Carter
- 3D printing of diagnostic tools and surgical aids
- Computer and doctor guided treatment protocols
- Hand detailing, finishing, inspection, and insertion of final restorations
- Implant radio frequency analysis
- Intraoral and facial scans
- Computer aided design of dental restorations
- Computer aided milling of dental restorations